Quick facts about Aquasana System
→ Brand: Aquasana
→ Capacity: 1000000 Gallons
→ Dimensions: 9 x 46 x 44 inches
→ Purification Method: Sedimentation
→ Maximum Flow Rate: 7 Gallons per Minute
→ Included components: Pro install kit and filter tank
– Improves the quality and taste of water
– Eliminates 97% of heavy metals, chlorine, VOCs, chemicals, and other impurities
– Considerably low cost of maintenance and ownership
– Comes with a four-stage filtration system and high water flow
– Included installation kit
– Features an anti-clog design that ensures long filter life
– Does not create wastewater
– Lasts for up to 10 years with low maintenance
– Comes with a 6-year warranty alongside a 90-day satisfaction guarantee
– Initial costs are high
– It is huge and takes up a lot of space
– Expert installation required
The Aquasana whole house water filter is a costly system but it’s totally worth it as it provides clean, odor-free, and fresh water for the entire home.
Best Prices Today: Aquasana Filter
Amazon (up to 10% off)
As the name suggests, a whole house water filter system takes up the responsibility of providing clean and healthy water in the entire house.
This kind of filtration system is connected to the primary water line of your house and supplies filtered water in all the corresponding pipelines, including faucets, bathrooms, kitchens, showers, laundry, as well as toilets!
Aquasana’s whole house water filter system is an effective solution, specifically designed to eliminate harmful water pollutants present in all water sources in your house.
The below-mentioned guide will enlighten you on different aspects of the Aquasana water filter and what all that it does.
Let’s take a look.
What is the Aquasana Whole House Water Filter System Best For?
When you buy a whole house water filtration system, you ensure that every tap in your house gets clean and healthy water. This means that you perform all the household chores with safe, fresh, and clean water.
What’s best about the Aquasana Whole House Water Filter System is that it provides an all-around solution to all kinds of issues with tap water. This water filtration system eliminates 97% of the unwanted components from the water alongside a host of dangerous contaminants, heavy metals, and chemicals.
Homeowners trust the Aquasana water filter system to provide them and their family members with clean water, and its high-quality parts are used to give you another reason to trust the brand.
It is easy to change the filters of this whole house water filtration system, and the replacement filters are economical.
Features of Aquasana Whole House Water Filter System
Let’s discuss the features of the Aquasana Whole House Water Filtration System:
1. Four-Stage Filtration System
One of the main reasons homeowners love the Aquasana filtration system is because it features a comprehensive four-stage filtration system that guarantees the complete removal of contaminants. The four stages of this filter are as follows:
The Sediment Filter (Pre-Filter)
The first stage includes a sediment filter that measures about 20 inches and removes silt, rust, and sediment present in water before it flows through the other filtration stages.
The Mineral Stone & Copper-zinc Filter
In this stage, the water is forced to pass through a copper-zinc and mineral stone filter that ensures hydrogen sulfide removal, the harsh smell and taste of chlorine, and heavy metals like lead, copper, and mercury.
The Activated Carbon Filter
In the third stage, the activated carbon filter removes VOCs, other harmful chemicals, pharmaceuticals, herbicides, remaining chlorine, industrial solvents, and pesticides.
The Sub-Micron Filter (Post-Filter)
In the last stage, a post-filter is used to make the water pass through it for the final step of filtration. This post-filter eliminates organic particles and fine sediments before the water flows through the faucet.
2. Filters Contaminants
This Aquasana system features a Salt-Free Descaler and UV Purifier, which remove harmful components present in well and municipal water.
These contaminants include:
- Industrial Solvents
- Agricultural Chemicals & more.
3. Simple Maintenance & Easy Installation
The installation process of the Aquasana EQ-1000 is incredibly easy. You can either take professional assistance for installing the filtration system or make it your DIY project.
The water filter comes with an installation kit that makes the job easier for you to go through with the DIY installation. In addition, the maintenance of this water filtration system is simple as well.
Alternatives to Aquasana Water Filter
Here are three alternatives to this water filter…
1. Express Water Heavy Metal Whole House Water Filter
The Express Water Heavy Metal Whole House Water Filter is a three-stage water filtration system that features three cartridges that effectively remove most of the impurities found in water. These cartridges last for up to six months, and they need to be replaced on time to ensure the effective working of the filter.
This water filter features a water flow rate of 15 GPM. Out of the three filtration stages, the first stage eliminates rust, dirt, sand, and sediment down to 5 microns. In the second stage, impurities such as microorganisms, iron, heavy metals, viruses, chloramine, chlorine, lead, and algae are removed.
The third stage takes hold of pharmaceutical runoffs, chlorine, remaining harmful chemicals, and pesticides. In this stage, the taste of water is also improved.
- Has a flow rate of 15 GPM.
- It comes with a three-stage water filtration system.
- The installation process is easy.
- It is fairly easy to replace its cartridges.
- Eliminates dirt, dust, sediment, and rust with ease.
- The lifespan of its cartridges is six months to one year.
- It comes with a top-notch frame made of stainless steel.
- Your existing pipes may have compatibility issues with this filter.
- It does not remove all the dissolved solids.
2. iFilters Whole House 2 Stage Sediment
The iFilters Whole House two-stage water filtration system features a carbon filter and a sediment filter cartridge that ensures the removal of all the impurities present in water.
The filtration system also improves the water taste, odor, and quality, and it effectively filters out large and microscopic particles.
One downside to this filter is its flow rate. The average flow rate of this water filtration system is 3 GPM which means that it has a reduced water pressure which may hamper your everyday tasks.
- It comes equipped with a two-stage water filtration system.
- It is easy to install.
- Comes with a flow rate of 3-6 GPM.
- It comes with universal ports that are compatible with all kinds of homes.
- Includes a carbon and sediment filtration system.
- You may face manufacturing defects and a considerable decrease in water pressure.
3. GE GXWH04F Water System
The GE GXWH04F is a pocket-friendly whole house water filtration system that is capable of removing rust, silt, sediments, and sand, among other contaminants present in water.
The filter cartridges of this water filtration system last for about three months, and they bring a visible change in the taste, smell, and quality of your drinking water.
This water filter’s maximum water flow rate is 12 GPM, and it includes a mounting bracket to make the installation process easier for you.
The best feature of this filtration system is the indicating light that comes on the cartridges. This light indicates when the cartridges need a replacement and ensure that you don’t go through with an untimely replacement.
- It has an easy installation process.
- It comes with a one-stage filtration system.
- Its water flow rate is 4-12 GPM.
- Includes a mounting bracket.
- Cartridge’s lifespan is three months.
- It features ¾th inch inlet connections.
- Removes sediment, rust, silt, dirt, and sand.
- Some customers have complained regarding manufacturing defects in the system.
Tap water can result in a range of health issues that you never saw coming. To keep yourself and your family safe from these water-related problems, it would be good to invest in a whole house filtration system.
Having said that, it is equally important to choose the right filter system out of the range of options available these days. Aquasana, a prominent name in the top whole house filtration systems list, boasts some truly unique features. We hope that our guide, as mentioned above, gave you much better clarity about the same.
How often do the filters of Aquasana EQ-1000 need to be replaced?
You should replace the system’s sediment filter (pre-filter) once every three months for best results. The Stage 2 & Stage 3 filters should be replaced once every ten years.
Does the Aquasana Whole House Water Filtration System eliminate fluoride?
No. This water filtration system does not remove fluoride from tap water. To remove fluoride, you should invest in a reverse osmosis water filter.
Is it a difficult task to change the Aquasana EQ-1000’s filter?
No, not! The replacement process is very easy. You’ll only have to unscrew the cartridge and switch the old filter with a new one. Once down, screw the cartridge back, and you’ll be done.